Cabletronics cc was founded by Arno J Du Plessis on the 1st of October 1980. Initially trading in cables & connectors. By October 1982 the business had expanded to such an extent that larger premises were required and an office/warehouse was rented in Brakpan.
In 1983 a cable manufacturing concern was acquired by Cabletronics.
The factory in KEW was extensively renovated and upgraded, and with proper management, based on sound business principles & technical know-how, started to manufacture its own cables. In 1987 another cable factory was acquired and a similar renovation and reorganization program was carried out and with the experienced gained in cable manufacture, Cabletronics continued to enjoy phenomenal growth and became one of the largest privately owned cable manufacturers in South Africa.
During 1988 a decision was made to consolidate the two factories and in March 1989 an industrial site of 18000 square meters was acquired in Roodekop, Germiston and a modern factory and offices covering 5 500 square meters were erected.
Fibre Copper Cables & Accessories was established in September 2002 as a Importer and Distributor of Fibre Optic Cables, Fibre Optic Accessories and Fibre Optic Transmission Equipment.
Cnr Heidelberg & Smith rd
Tel: +2711 866 - 1444
Fax: 2711 865 - 2150